Thursday, March 18, 2010

random

I've felt a little bit like a hamster on a wheel this past week or so. Mike had obligations that had him out of the house for seven nights in a row. And I know I've got it good when it comes to having a partner that helps out around here. I mean I know I complain about his seeming inability to throw the milk bag in the garbage, but really he does a good 50% of the work required to make this house look it's "best". The endless cycle of picking up, putting away, cooking, tidying, bath and bedtimes on my own really just started to get to me by day 5 or 6.

Mike has gout, a pretty bad case of it too. Apparently it's not uncommon to get gout when you've experienced a weight loss. Isn't that a kick in the pants? So he's been less than hobbling around here being zero help and a whole lot of extra work since he needed me to be his gopher. Not his fault, for sure, but still....

The search is over. MyPie is going to be in my cousin's wedding in the fall and just this evening the bride and I settled on her flower girl's dress. Yay! Big thanks to my Mom, who just loves a project. She did most of the legwork and found a great store, with extremely reasonable prices. She emailed me pictures of a smattering of dresses and luckily there was one that fit the bill. I was anticipating this being a tougher task since my cousin and her fiancee live in BC. I'm so happy and excited that it went so easy. The dress is adorable and I can't wait to see Maya in it.

Going to bed early tonight. Always say that, but never do it. Tonight's the night.

3 comments:

Julie said...

so sorry to hear about mike's gout. a friend of mine gets it regularly. it sucks.

hope you got to bed at a "reasonable" time!

Bibliomama said...

Did it happen? I'm skeptical...

I know exactly what you mean -- my husband travels a lot, but he's fantastic when he's here. If he's sick or injured, I know it's not his fault, but it's hard not to get bitter at being the only one 'on'. Hope you get your partner back soon.

Leah said...

I saw the pics posted on FB but I guess I didn't pay attention to which one was labeled THE dress. They were all pretty cute!!!

HUGS about teh "hamster wheel" feeling. WHEW, that's never fun (and we can all relate, I'm sure!)