Saturday, June 12, 2010

one less person to update the internet

Oh my gosh folks, I have missed you all so much. Here's the deal.... my computer is broken. I mean really truly broken. I was hopeful it was merely a software issue that had messed up windows, turns out no. My motherboard is fried. And just to make things fun, everyone else in the free world has a ATX motherboard, but we have a "special computer" that doesn't like to be a conformist, so it has a BTX motherboard and BTX motherboards apparently don't grow on trees my friend. So my computer sits in the shop while we wait for a new motherboard to be shipped from the good ole US of A. Conservative estimates say it will take 10 - 14 days before she's back home. So don't expect any posting or commenting from yours truly in that time period.

I'm writing this from my best gal pal ML's laptop which she has loaned me for the weekend. Isn't she the best? Of course she expects me to hand it back over to her tomorrow, something that will be hard to do because I've enjoyed my time with the laptop muchly. My plan has been to wait for the boxing day sales and see if I could score myself a deal on a laptop... after this weekend it's going to be hard to wait. There is something pretty awesome about internetting from the couch while you watch TV.... my laptop sisters and brothers out there know what I'm talking about.

I'm annoyed that I am without my internet/computer home base. I have so much to share with you, but I can't get the pictures uploaded. Well I guess I could upload them to ML's laptop, but I figured she doesn't need anymore of my life taking up hard drive space. I am dying to tell you about Abby's Survivor birthday party which was so much fun, I highly recommend it as a theme. The volcano cupcakes I made were uber cute, if I do say so myself. For the second year in a row Abby collected canned goods instead of gifts. She wants to start keeping track of how much stuff she takes down to the local agency we donate it to, so this year's donation is 43 items. After we counted up the total she looked at me and said - I'm so glad I'm a nice person - Me too sweet girl, me too.

I'm going to try and get some scheduled posts up tomorrow before I hand ML's baby back over and if you're of the praying sort offer up a few that the fancy ass motherboard I require will get here super quick.

6 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

Oh wow, Shan! It would drive me bonkers not being able to post when I want to post. Glad your friend ML has been able to help--what a good friend to lend you her laptop. Hopefully you'll have your own computer up and running soon!

Alexandra said...

Oh, that is my biggest nightmare...hang tight...

Lisa Thornbury said...

My condolences. I experienced the blue screen of death recently and literally freaked out. We fixed the problem but my computer is still acting funny. I'm just waiting for it to completely konk out (most likely the day after the warranty expires). Here's to a speedy recovery. ;)

Scatteredmom said...

Oh no! We'll miss you. I hope that you are able to get hooked back up quickly. Maybe in the meantime look at it as a blogging sabbatical-you can develop all sorts of new content (by pen and paper?) while you wait.

allison said...

Maybe the next Knowing Me Knowing You should have a 'would you rather go without a washing machine or a computer for 10-14 days' component. Will be eagerly awaiting your return.

Goofball said...

oh gosh I'd be in such a pain if I'd be offline. My laptop is basically glued to my lap. i hope you get a recovered pc back really quickly