Sunday, June 20, 2010

weekend wrap up

My gosh what a busy weekend this was.

We had our strawberry social dinner at the church Saturday evening and it was hotter than blazes. It's never fun to sweat while you eat.

The pool was between 78 and 82 over the weekend. Abby spent about 7 hours in the pool on Saturday. We forced her to get out for dinner, but she was right back in after we got home.

Maya was in the pool for about 4 hours, only because Mike put her in the pool wrong. Oh yes folks there is a process. She has to sit on the side for a moment with her feet in before Abby lifts her the rest of the way in. Mike tried to lift her over the edge and right on in. Oh goodness the tears.

My Mom agreed to watch the kids Saturday night while we went to an anniversary party. My Mom never does anything by little bits, so a simple night of babysitting turned into a backyard camping excursion. After we put up the Taj Mahal of tents I had to have another shower because oh my gosh the sweating! So Mike and I took off for a night of drinks and visiting with friends and left Granny and TLP with four kids under the age of 8 in a tent in our backyard.... what could go wrong?

From all accounts it was a pretty okay night, until the "incident" in which Granny almost broke her nose when she tripped over one of the tent tie down ropes..... with MyPie in her arms..... I think it's safe to say Granny was happy to have the almost broken nose since Maya escaped unscathed.

So after all the swimming, sun and playing Maya was toast by Sunday morning. She wouldn't sing with the choir. Wouldn't go up front for story time and Papa was taking care of story time this morning. She wouldn't go out for Sunday school and asked to go home before service was even over. So I brought her home and she crashed on the couch for the afternoon.

Waking her up was a chore and a half and she still wasn't herself. So I made the decision to skip our family father's day dinner and stay home with her sitting on top of me. Mike and Abby went without us and had a terrific time and I was sorry I missed out on the fun, but not sorry for all the MyPie cuddle time.

And how was your weekend?

1 comment:

Bibliomama said...

One piano recital, two championship baseball games, a command performance from my biggish slugger at the grand opening of the batting cages, and father's day brunch. and yeah, a lotta sweating and showering.