Thursday, July 22, 2010

oh, now i get it

Mike and I are sitting at the kitchen table when Maya comes marching in.

Maya: Do we have any U buns?
Me: Any what?
Maya: U buns!
Me to Mike: What is she saying?
Mike: What do you want honey?
Maya: A U BUN!
Me: I don't know what that is. What's a U bun?

Maya exasperated with us already walks over and grabs her letter U magnet off the fridge.

Maya: A U bun. This is a U.
Mike: She must mean a croissant.
Me: Maya, is it a croissant you want? Because I didn't buy any of those this week.
Maya: No!
Me: What do you eat with a U bun?
Maya: Hot dog.
Me & Mike: Oh a hot dog bun!
Maya: Yeah, I want a hot dog with a u bun and ketchup.

2 comments:

Kaci said...

That's so cute!

Pam said...

Funny! Well OF COURSE that is what a U-bun is! I shall have to adopt that name.