Sunday, October 03, 2010

you capture - togetherness

This week's You Capture prompt was togetherness and it was just the prompt to get me back in the blogging and photog taking saddle. Friday afternoon we attended a family wedding. What a perfect fit.

Photobucket


I'm going to try and not get too sappy on you guys here, but I can't make you any promises. The bride, Kate is the daughter of Mike's cousin Kim. For too few years they lived right around the corner from us and their house was a regular drop in place for Mike and I in the days before we had kids and after. Abby spent many an evening as a swaddled pink bundle asleep between Kim and I on their rec room couch. I kind of fit right in between Kim and Kate. Only about a decade separated Kim's age from mine and mine from Kate's. As much as I adore Uncle Dave having a sister was always on my wishlist. I've collected a few sisters of my heart over the years and I think it would be safe to say I viewed my relationships with Kim and Kate in a similar light. I feel like they gave me a taste of what it was like to be a big sister and also to have a big sister. Eventually Kate grew up and moved way across the country and Kim and her husband packed up the rest of the family and moved them a couple of towns over. I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss all of them.

We got to come back together this weekend, to share in Kate's special day. Her husband, I could tell right away, is a perfect fit for her. She was a beautiful bride and I was so very touched that she asked if MyPie could be her flower girl. It's been a weekend of hugs, lots of laughs and some happy tears and I wish the happy couple all the very best in the world.

010053


010061


010136


010084


you capture hosted by:


4 comments:

Julie said...

oh my goodness doesn't maya look beautiful. love the dress.

Bibliomama said...

Beautiful pictures -- Maya's adorable and the bride has great hair!

Betsy Hart said...

I love weddings! Thanks for sharing

Shan said...

Julie - thanks.

Bibliomama - She really does have great hair. If I didn't love her so much I'd probably hate her for it.

Betsy - so do I!