Thursday, March 03, 2011

now with more homework

Give her extra homework, was Maya's teacher's suggestion to us. So I went through my tickle trunk of teaching supplies that ML had passed on to me and found a book that is actually a first grade work book, but based on the way she's blazed through the first six pages of it, I'd say it's working out okay for her.

This is an entirely new experience for me. I'm used to dealing with the crying and moaning and arguing about doing homework. In fact just last night I sat down with the two of them.... Abby angry because she had to read 5 pages and Maya bouncing in her seat at the idea that she had homework to do. I actually had to stop Maya at three pages because there was things like laundry and dishes and checking to make sure that Abby actually read her five pages and didn't just pretend to do.

Maya's excitement about her homework was so infectious that Abby asked if I could find some extra work for her to do as well. This is a trend I could really get behind. I may have 5 years of the public school system under my belt via Abby, but I'm fairly certain this is going to be an entirely different ride. Very interested to see where it takes us.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Doesn't it make things so much easier when they like homework! =)