Sunday, February 05, 2012

sunday randoms

This was a pretty quiet weekend for us. No real plans to speak of. We finally convinced Mike to watch Tangled and he liked it. We also checked out season 1 of Parks and Rec, very funny and Mike bailed on Arthur, but I liked it.

I have 10 bottles of laundry detergent in my basement. Do you think I'm becoming a detergent hoarder?

Speaking of laundry. I think I finally have a handle on Mount Laundry. I kind of took the Fly Lady's model and modified it. I like to do laundry later at night when hydro is cheaper, so I throw a load in the washer and when it's done I move it to the dryer. Pretty basic, right? Well then I let it sit there dry in the dryer all night and fold it and put it away the next day when I get home. Oh and when I take a load out of the washer I put the next day's load in the machine, but don't add the soap until the next evening when I start it. Make sense? So there is forever a load of clothes waiting to be washed in my washer and a load of clean dry clothes waiting to me folded in my dryer. In a week I had the laundry under control with this method. Let's see if I can keep it up.

Another family walk with friends. We walked 4.7kms and we had 5 kids with us, 6 - 9 years old. They did great, to be honest most of the time they were running ahead of us. It's the second Sunday in a row we've gone out and we've really enjoyed it.

I'm trying to read some more classics, dove into Treasure Island this week. I'm quite enjoying it. To be honest I wasn't actually expecting to.


2 comments:

Goofball said...

10 types of detergent? same kind or different types.
I have regular, wool product (fluid), for white laundry, for black laundry , softener and anti-calc. I use very little of most of these.

my laundry routine is a bit similar to yours, but I don't need to do laundry each day. but I also throw in stuff overnight. yet if you let sitting dry clothes in the dryer all night, it's harder to iron them.

Betsy Hart said...

I am feeling the laundry mountian. The worst part is folding it all. BLEK