Sunday, August 12, 2012

sunday randoms

I was a Festival of Friends widow this weekend. Michael was in full out volunteer mode parking cars in the mud and the rain. He did offer to arrange for a sitter so I could come and help park and/or take in the show, but I must be getting old because the thought of watching the Bangles in the rain held little appeal for me. Instead the kids and I hit up the library, borrowed some movies and some books and spent the weekend occupied with both.

Ramona and Beezus was good, but anything with John Corbett in it is alright by me. Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs wasn't as great as the first or second one in my opinion. The Vow, total chick flick, but I loved it and it was just me, my tea and my knitting so I could weep without mockery. Finally, American Reunion. I admit I was expecting funnier. I think this series has long since run it's course.

We've really been slacking with the board game playing around here. Remember my goal is for this to be a board game family, but the past six months really took a lot out of me. So this weekend I made a real effort to turn that around with Disney Monopoly Junior, Uno and Battleship (that one was just the girls). I will admit to cheating at Monopoly. We had gotten to a point in the game where we were all passing the same $4 back and forth between us. At that rate we would be lucky to have the game finished before the kids went back to school, so I started overpaying the bank and the kids and got it wrapped up in no time.

Oh my gosh I have slept in a lot this week. I'm not really sure why, but I have.

I'm reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I can't wait to see the movie because this book is swirling around above my head. I think it's a great story, but it's really big, if that makes any sense. Hoping the movie brings some clarity. Also I may be habouring some resentment that it's not the third Grey book that was supposed to arrive last week, but got held up with the uber busy ML.

Back to work this week, but only two weeks until holidays again!

No comments: