Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all my Canadian friends out there! I hope you are all enjoying time with the people that mean the most to you. I know I shall be. A list of what I'm thankful for seems pretty standard, but I think it would be obvious what would be on my list... my family, my friends, health, happiness... the usual, so I say we take them out of the equation and make room for five more less obvious things...
1. The public library. Wednesday night is library night around here. After dinner we head over and change up our books and dvds for the week. The kids love it and Mike and I are enjoying being able to check out shows and documentaries that we normally would have the chance to see, like ESPN's 30 for 30 and Downton Abbey (which you all should be watching).
2. My laptop. Still! I'm in the midst of my post fair paper work. It's nice to be able to pick up my pile of papers and my laptop and work somewhere else that isn't the center of the house. I'm not sure how it goes in your house, but after dinner tidy up, homework & showers are a little less than quiet. Abby graciously offered to "clear a spot" on her desk so I can work in muffled peace.
3. Canning. Not only was it a fun few days with a great friend, but now we are enjoying the fruits of our labour. That peach salsa is even better than the jar I bought a year ago that had me hooked. The regular salsa is pretty stinkin' yummy too. I've already used the crushed tomatoes in a couple of things and the pickles are going quickly as well. Not to mention the sense of satisfaction you get from knowing you made it yourself and for less than a dollar a jar! When are we doing apples JB?
4. That puzzle! As I mentioned my Mom picked up a puzzle for her and the girls to do a few weekends ago and it is a killer! It's still on my coffee table two weeks later and Grandma Sandi has jumped in to help us piece it together on the mornings she's here. It's a tricky one, but I had forgotten how much I enjoy working away at a puzzle. It's a nice break from the paper work. I think we need a coffee table for the toyroom, so we can have one set up all the time. Anybody looking to get rid of one?
5. The treadmill. On loan from my Mama. I do run slower on the treadmill than I do outside, but I'm happy to have this as an option as we approach the winter. The rest of the family has been enjoying it too.