Monday, January 14, 2013

instagram monday - twenty-four

Three years ago Maya got the idea into her head that I was 21. There was no convincing her otherwise. Since then she has dutifully added a year to my age, which means this year I am turning 24. Yes, there is overwhelming evidence to suggest that I am not 24. For example I mention my actual age often, especially this year... .the year of 40. We can have a whole conversation, right in front of her, about turning 40 and in the next breath ask her how old I'm going to be and she will tell you I'm turning twenty-four 100% of the time.

What makes this even more funny is that it drives Abby completely bonkers. The argue endlessly about my correct age. Last week as we walked to church they started to argue about it again...

Me: Abby, why does it bother you so much? It doesn't matter if she wants to believe I'm 24. Think what a funny story it will make when she's older.
Abby: It's just, she's living under a roof of lies man!!

When we hung the new calendar on the wall Maya wrote our birthday's in. Mom - 24, Dad - 40. I'm raising her up right, huh?

IMG_20130109_222155.jpg


For the record I have no desire to be 24 again. Almost forty is pretty awesome from where I'm standing!

3 comments:

Chantal said...

haha that is so cute! My kids are always telling me HOW OLD I am. I rather it be the other way around :). It is funny how kids bicker over that stuff eh. I remember getting irate as a child if my younger sister sang the words to a song wrong. SHE HAD TO GET THE WORDS RIGHT!!! Now my boys fight over stuff like that and it makes me laugh (when I am not exasperated and yelling at them to STOP YELLING at each other!)

Betsy Hart said...

I would make a note of that "house of lies" comment to come back on her later. LOL! Too funny!

Mis(s)Mannered Mom said...

LOL! That's awesome! I'd totally go with it!