Thursday, July 31, 2014

best wife ever too

To keep rolling with the theme....not only am I the best Mom ever (see yesterday's post), I'm also the Best Wife Ever. Oh it's true my friends and here's why. Mike and I have had the opportunity to stay at the Fairmont Royal York in Toronto several times. Every time we've been there Mike has raved about the pillows and begged me to stuff one or two in my purse and bring them home. I never have because 1. I'm sure the Royal York would notice them missing and charge me accordingly and 2. I know I carry big purses, but these pillows are sooooo fluffy you can't even believe it. I might fit a couple in a steamer trunk, but my purse? No.

A couple of weeks ago while the rest of the house slept I thought to myself.... hmmm I wonder if I could source out those Royal York pillows (which was odd I even thought of that because it's been a couple of years since we've stayed there). So I googled Royal York Pillows and wouldn't you know it.... the power of the interwebs brought me right to the manufacturer's website. I was so excited I can't even tell you.

Now I realize at this point you're all like..... uh Shanny, it's just a pillow, calm yourself. And you're not entirely wrong, I mean, it is just a pillow and I'm pretty much an any pillow will do kind of chick, but here's the thing. Mike is an incredibly restless sleeper. All night, every night is adjusting and readjusting and then adjusting and readjusting again of the pillows and the blankets until the morning at which I get to hear all about how his pillows are the absolute worst thing that ever found their way onto this earth.... so yeah finding the Royal York pillows made me incredibly happy..... until I plunked it into my digital shopping cart. $60+ for a pillow shipped. I wavered back and forth. On one hand, a good night's sleep should never be under valued on the other we're talking $60+ for a pillow!! I could get 6 pillows for the same money at the local shopping center.

So back I went to google. Now that I had the name of the company I thought maybe I could find it somewhere else cheaper, not that I was overly optimistic. Turns it was good move on my part, since they were selling the exact same pillow at Costco for 50% less and free shipping. I could not order that pillow fast enough. My original plan was to tuck it away for Christmas, but after a few especially restless nights I thought it seemed mean to keep it, if it could help.  So for the past couple of weeks Mike has been resting his head (and loving it) on a Royal York pillow securing my position as best wife ever for all of eternity. The wonders of modern technology, huh?

1 comment:

Goofball said...

a good pillow is so valuable! I couldn't live without my ergonomic pillow