Thursday, January 06, 2022

40/52 - Miss Americana

 

Miss Americana (2020) - I love Taylor Swift and I make no apologies for it. I think she is an incredibly gifted song writer and I love just about everything about her, so it was surprising to me that it took me this long to watch this documentary. 

I have said this a bunch in watching the Britney Spears documentary and This Changes Everything, the double standards that exist for women in the media is completely bonkers.I truly believe that if we were talking about a man, well he'd be a God. Heck, Taylor even wrote a song about this very thing and it's a bop. Have it on my daily play list. It's just super easy to take shots at some one. It literally doesn't seem to matter what she does, she gets hate for it. If she's dating, she should be dating less. If she's nice, well that's clearly fake. She's too pretty, too thin and on it goes. Again, shouldn't we be better than this by now? Not a Swiftie? How about scrolling on past or skipping that song on the playlist and just live your life? It's free to be kind friends.

Rant aside, I did love the behind the scenes stuff in this one, specifically in the recording studio. Not being musically inclined myself, I love to see musicians do their thing. I find it absolutely amazing. I feel the same way listening to Jerry Seinfeld explain how to craft a joke. It's a treat to see people being the best at what they are the best at. Loved this one.

I watched this on Netflix.

No comments: