Wednesday, January 26, 2022

48/52 - Tig


 Tig (2016) - We are a family that enjoys stand up comedy, so when my daughter and I stumbled across this, we were certainly game to check it out. I didn't really know much about Tig Nataro outside of her bit about Taylor Dayne I'd heard and quickly came to appreciate her dry style of delivery. Not long after a string personal tragedies she was diagnosed with breast cancer which led to her incredibly honest stand up show she did just days after being diagnosed. That show at Largo was billed as being funny, heart breaking and brave and it made her suddenly famous as she began the fight for her life. 

This documentary tells the story of how Tig got here and then what happens next as she attempts to have a child, falls in love, write new material and grieve her mother. It was a touching and funny watch, which seems very true to Nataro's stand up. It was an interesting view into the things that make up a life, the funny bits, the hard bits, the bits you think you won't be able to get through. Made Tig Nataro fans out of both myself and my daughter.

We watched this on Netflix.

No comments: