Saturday, February 05, 2022

49/52 - The Comedy Store

 

The Comedy Store (2020) - As I have mentioned we are fans of stand up comedy so this docu-series was a no brainer for me. Nobody else here was interested in watching, so I went alone with this one. This series is about the famed Comedy Store comedy club in Los Angeles. It's hosted by Mike Binder and features lots of interviews with the best of the best talking about their time at the Comedy Store.

I did really enjoy hearing from the likes of Dave Letterman, Jimmy Carrey, Whitney Cummings, and Marc Maron to name a few, but to me they seemed like random podcast type conversations then really telling the tale of the club, if that makes sense. I mean I still enjoyed it, but I feel like I came away with an appreciation of comedians telling their stories about performing hanging with other comedians and they also just happened to be at the Comedy Store. And truly if you are fan of stand up in general the interview list is killer. There also seemed to be more focus on the sensational types of stories like the passing of Freddy Prinze and Sam Kinison for example. It is a good one if you are a fan of comedians in general.

I watched this on Crave.

No comments: