Thursday, April 28, 2022

1/52/2022 - Bad Sport

 

Bad Sport (2021) - This documentary series that focuses on the dark side of sport. I picked it because the series had a 30 for 39 feel to it that I knew would appeal to my husband and I really wanted to see the episode about the Canadian figure skating Olympic Scandal. In the end, the whole series did not disappoint. 

There was some wild underground stories in the world of cricket and horses to name a couple. I found the interviews in each episode to be great, the subjects seemed open to talk. Interestingly enough I found the episode involving the Canadian Olympians to be the weakest of the series. I enjoyed it, I mean I remember watching that whole story unfold in real time watching the Olympics that year, but compared to the drug smuggling race car driver and the guy who was killing show horses so their owners could collect the insurance money.... I mean, there's really no comparison. I even enjoyed the episode about cricket match fixing and I don't know a thing about cricket. It was a great series if you are a fan of sports and true crime documentaries.

We watched this on Netflix.

No comments: