Saturday, April 02, 2022

54/52 - Count Me In

 

Count Me In (2021) - I am not musically inclined in any manner, meaning I play no instruments and I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I am a very enthusiastic fan of music. We listen to music a lot as a family and recently invested in a turntable and are collectively building, what I feel to be, a kick ass vinyl collection. I love to discuss lyrics and meanings behind songs, which we do a fair bit over family dinners, so this documentary with drummers discussing their craft was right up my alley.

I really enjoyed this documentary. The interviews from are entertaining and interesting. My favourite part is listening to them talk about what the admire or recognize about other drummers. As a person with little musical knowledge/ability I really enjoy having why something is great explained to me in a manner I can understand. This documentary features lots of the greats; Ringo, The Police's Stewart Copeland, Foo Fighters' Taylor Hawkins, and Queen's Roger Taylor to name a few. It was a fun and interesting watch. I'd recommend it to any music fan!

I watched this on Netflix.

No comments: