Wednesday, September 07, 2022

4/52/2022 - The Beatles: Get Back

 

The Beatles: Get Back (2021) - This documentary series covers the making of Let It Be, The Beatles' album from 1970. This series features unused footage and audio that was originally going to be used in a 1970 documentary of the same name. This series was co-produced by Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono, Olivia Harrison as well as Peter Jackson, who labeled it a "documentary about a documentary".

The plan to watch all 8 hours of this series was a no-brainer. Our youngest daughter has recently developed an appreciation for The Beatles by way of the Barenaked Ladies and so a plan was hatched to watch this along with her Grandmother, who was fortunate enough to see them perform in concert as a teenager. 

I will admit I was never much of a Beatles fan before large quantities of their music started appearing on the family playlist and their later stuff is my favourite stuff. You all know how I feel about watching people at their highest level, so being able to these guys create these songs out of thin air was a real treat. I also appreciated a peek into how they operated together as a group as things began their wind down. I think the idea has always been that it was far more dramatic then it actually seemed to be, at least from watching this. That's not to say there wasn't struggles, but their seemed to be an acceptance that this ride was approaching a natural end. Of course, that is just my take on it. I really did enjoy this and I would recommend watching it to any Beatles fan. Even if you just watch the rooftop concert at the end, it was a delight.

We watched this on Disney+

No comments: