Sunday, March 23, 2008

easter this and that

I apologize for my little unplanned blogging break. Life just happened to get in the way this weekend and that's about all I'm going to say about that. So while this wasn't a stellar weekend it still had some great moments.

Dave and Mel were here for a couple for days and that is always awesome.

My Mom made homemade chocolate covered peanut butter eggs. And I may have eaten the very last one a minute ago. I even shared my cheesecake kisses to divert their attention away from the peanut butter eggs.

2008-03-23 048


I finally finished a hat for Abby that fit her head. The head she has now, not the head she had when she was 3 months old. On the downside, Maya loves it as well. That would be two girls and only one hat, for those of you who are bad at math.

2008-03-23 027


Super Scrabble is pretty stinkin' Super. Now you may be asking yourself, what's so super... well how about a bigger board (3 extra rows all the way around), more tiles AND quadruple letter and word squares. It's killer. Anybody want to play?

Dave and I took the dog out for a walk down the rail trail well after dark. It was only mildly freaking me out until Dave started talking about how creepy it was to be out in the "woods" after dark. It's a miracle I didn't run screaming all the way back home.

2008-03-23 014


Abby finally got the chance to play with her Webkinz online for the first time, thanks to Granny's super speedy internet. Can I tell you how happy I am she can't use this at home? Not for any reason beyond she's too young to navigate Webkinz World on her own. I know a lot of parent's have issues with the message they feel it is sending children, but honestly that doesn't bother me as much as being asked every 15 seconds to come and help "Fuzzy".

And finally because I know you're wondering how church went today..... Abby sang right off the bat and immediately after she started complaining about a stomach ache. A trip to the bathroom alleviated that problem, but created another. I don't want to say too much, but rest assured there was a plunger involved. Papa should be thankful he was wearing a suit today otherwise I would have been requesting his expert help. That problem ended just in time for the kids to retire to Sunday school or the nursery depending on their age bracket. Maya refused to even look in the direction of the nursery room volunteer. So I spent the service sitting in a rocking chair in the basement until the final 10 minutes when they brought us up for communion. Which I received with both kids on my lap and some how managed to hold both mine and Abby's "wine" until the rest of the congregation had been served without spilling a drop.

And that was Easter... more or less.

Check out the rest on flickr.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Way to go on the hat! It looks awesome and I love the solid pink.

Anonymous said...

I'm cracking up about the potty break at church. One of my biggest fears is to be THAT family, with a plunger, at church.

Jane said...

Just found your blog - wonderful hat. Nice to find another knitter.

Julie said...

the hat is adorable. sounds like church was pretty eventful!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are adorable! I love that you can always tell what Maya has eaten by looking at the remains on her face :)

Glad you had a great holiday!

Shan said...

Karen - thanks, I was really happy with it was well.

That Family - it's funny now, but I was having a serious panic attack while trying to fix it.

kat - thanks for stopping by.

julie - thanks and yes it usually is.

suze - she may not eat much, but when she does she likes to make sure everyone knows it.

Leah said...

I love how that hat turned out. Emily would adore the color!! I guess you could always do hat part two and then Maya could have one as well... LOL

Shan said...

Leah - I think I'm going to have too, but I'm already into my next project, which is not a hat. I'm kind of hoping spring will show up and there will no need for hats.