Saturday, April 12, 2008

this conversation is rated pg-13

"Mom, I know what another word for a wiener is!"

I freeze where I am, my mind racing through the endlessly possibilities of what could come out of her mouth after a statement like that. I slowly turn to face her, she's looking at me expectantly. Waiting for me to chime in with an appropriate response to keep this conversation going.

"Pardon?" I manage to squeak out.

"I know what another word for wiener is. I do!"

"And what would that be?" I ask even though I am afraid to hear the answer.

"Hot dog. Some people like to call them hot dogs."

7 comments:

Angela said...

So right

Hum I think you have a dirty mind.

(I would have thought the same thing)

Smiles!

Don Mills Diva said...

Get your mind out of the gutter girl!

:-)

Leah said...

We actually encourage the use of the appropriate names for body parts so that wouldn't have been such a horrifyingly suspensive moment in our house! That's pretty funny though!

Melissa said...

Oh how funny!

Shan said...

Angela - you may be right.

Diva - No kidding.

Leah - We do too, but since she's been riding the school bus with 12 year old boys there have been some interesting additions to her vocabulary.

Melissa - I thought so too.

Mommy Project said...

LOL. You got me. I thought that was going to go differently, too.

:)

Gerbil said...

HILARIOUS. Seriously. I nearly snorted my coffee out my nose.