Saturday, September 04, 2010

it's a parade

So a few weeks ago we attended my favourite late summer event..... the Cactus Festival Parade. I'm not sure why I enjoy this parade so much. Maybe because it's a summer evening parade and I don't freeze my tail feathers off while watching it like I do at the Santa Claus parade. Or maybe because we hook up with a gaggle of my favourite peeps to watch it. Either way it's good times.

050027


Y'all know my favourite part of the parade is this....

050035


Those shorts! My gosh, why must they be so short and so tight. I am considering joining the band just to find out. Never mind I have zero musical ability. But there they are year after year, with too much pasty white thigh showing.

As much as we love the short shorts, this little lady here is gaining in popularity.....

050024


That is a ridiculously short dress, my friends! Oy! Luckily, quick thinking HPH remembered her from last year when she wore this.....

020067


Can't wait to see what she wears next year.

Then there was this clown that was trying to pick up HPH. For real life.

050029


We had 8 kids with us and Ronnie here yells out to HPH something about natural redheads. Gross, nobody wants to see Ronald McDonald "on the job" if you know what I mean.

050003


And can we talk about this for a minute? Who wears high heels to walk in a parade. I mean a parade of strippers, maybe and even then only if they were lucite, but a regular old small town parade? I guess you have to admire her dedication to fashion.


Okay, but this was truly my favourite part of the parade... The Abster & MyPie's too. The part they'd been waiting 81 floats for. There's Daddy!

050036


He always stops for a moment and opens the door so he can wave at his girls! They think he is such a rock star. And he is.

4 comments:

Julie said...

i remember those short pants guys from last year. i still don't get what the parade is all about though...

Kaci said...

Oh wow...HA! =)

Goofball said...

haha that one lady in the very short dress does have the legs to show off...but the band just before? ugh....nope not so much :p


as far the high heels, they seem very low to me, should be feasible to walk that off if you're used to some heels

Betsy Hart said...

Love it! I especially love hearing your commentary! :-)