Friday, November 12, 2010

friday high five - movies

So imagine for a moment that you're stranded on a deserted island and that island is equipped with a TV and a dvd player. What? It could happen. Here's the question.....

What five movies would you take with you to watch forever and ever, amen?

1. Step Brothers - There is something about Will Ferell and John C Reilly together in this movie that I just never get tired of. That scene where they are having dinner together for the first time, slays me. Anybody want some fancy sauce?

2. Erin Brokovich - This movie is just all kinds of awesome and it always makes me feel good. I watch it every chance I get.

3. Ocean's Eleven - This is Clooney and Pitt doing what they do best. The rest of the cast is nothing to sneeze at either.

4. The Hangover - This movie has kept me laughing for longer than any other movie I've seen. And like Step Brother is heavily quoted from in my day to day life.

5. The Breakfast Club - It's the Breakfast Club, 'nuff said.

What five movies would you take?

2 comments:

Elle said...

Hmmmm, this is a tough question, but I'll give it a shot.

1. Armageddon -- it makes me sob every time when Liv Tyler has to say goodbye to Bruce Willis. And that would probably help get my mind off my own tragic stranded-on-an-island situation, no?

2. Love Actually -- because it makes my heart happy.

3. Miracle on 34th Street, the new one -- because it's what I grew up on, and I LOVE Christmas.

4. Saved by the Bell Hawaiian Style -- just to lighten the mood with mindless brain candy, and also because it relates tropically. ;)

Wow, picking a fifth is SO HARD. Ummmm..... Okay, we'll go lighthearted again.

5. The Three Ninjas -- because I could watch that endlessly when I was little. "Rocky loooves Emily! Rocky loooves Emily!"

Bibliomama said...

Okay, I won't be all annoying with the 'how do you plug them in' and the 'watching any five movies for the rest of my life would make me want to die' and the 'well, unless there are banana and coconut trees too I guess we won't have to watch them for that long' and just toss off five of my faves. Cinema Paradiso, Room with a View, The 40-year-old Virgin, Gattaca, About a Boy.