Friday, May 13, 2011

best night ever

Today was the big day! The fundraiser for the girls' school that I've been working on for months was finally here. We were incredibly organized this time around, so the set up was quick and easy. Heck I even had time for a wee nap this afternoon before we headed back to the hall. The responses to our donation request letters was amazing. Best response yet! There was over 80 items on our silent auction table. Seeing it all out on the tables... wow... I was so proud of myself and the rest of our council ladies.

Really it was a pretty typical night... running off your feet trying to be several different places at once while making sure you stick to the "schedule" so all the events get done in good time. Somehow we always seem to manage to pull it off and have a bunch of fun doing it.

Big huge thank you to my girls ML & JB... my Relay for Life teammates and my Wing Ding partners in crime. We spent more than a few hours hunched over my kitchen table organizing this event. Thanks to Papa and Grandma Linda for taking my tired and in one case, teary, girls for a sleepover so I could finish everything up. Thanks to Michael for taking care of the MC duties. Thanks to all the fabulous peeps who bought tickets, bid on silent auction items, bought penny sale tickets, bought 50/50 tickets (really big thanks to the fantastic guy who donated his winnings back to the school!) and/or donated items for the auction. Thanks to my partner in 50/50 ticket selling! I've never had it all ready to go that quick. You're hired for next year. Thanks to everyone who made this the best wing ding yet. Every dime raised tonight goes right back to the school as reading materials, SMARTboards, computers, skating trips, MI Day, gym equipment and so much more.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Sounds like it was a case of "hard work paid off"!! Congrats on a successful night!!

Bibliomama said...

It's so great when everything comes together like that. Good for you.