Thursday, September 27, 2012

not sponsored, i just love it

Can I just take a moment and tell y'all how much I am in love with our new fridge because I really am. Many years ago when it was just Michael and I rattling around in this big old house and before I went into full out Martha Stewart mode we used to have a chest freezer. Way way way back in the day it used to belong to my parents back when energy efficiency wasn't what you would consider a concern. A lot of the time the thing was dang near empty, so we sold it and our hydro bill dropped $20 a month. A month. Craziness.

We made do for a very long time with only the freezer attached to our fridge. Not a big deal back then or even when the kids were smaller, but now they're bigger and I am in full out Martha Stewart mode. I know how to extreme coupon and stockpile and bake and cook and buy in bulk. Oh I asked a lot of that little freezer and it pretty much disappointed me at every turn.

I wasn't with Mike when he purchased this fridge, but he assured me I would be impressed with the size of the freezer in it. I was skeptical, I'm not going to lie to you. I mean it's the freezer attached to a fridge, you've seen one, you've seen them all, but then he brought the fridge home. Oh my. I don't want to brag, but currently I have the following in my freezer..... two turkeys, a roasting chicken, a box of frozen chicken breasts (in the box), a box of chicken nuggets (in the box), a family pack of breaded pork chops, a family pack of chicken breasts, two pouches of frozen fruit, large bag of sweet potato fries, half a loaf of paska bread, ice cube trays, tub of home made ice cream, and a bag of perogies. In the past couple of days I've taken out the bowl for the ice cream maker, a box of frozen burgers and a ziploc bag of frozen chocolate chip cookies. Oh and there is still room for more. Thanks LG!

No comments: